
so lets get on with it....On Christmas day i really didnt feel very well not really sick but just off. i enjoyed opening presents and spending time withall of my siblings but then i started to feel worse my back was KILLING ME!!!!!!! Brad had to work so he went to work and i just kept feeling more and more pain. Everyone was playing games and laughing and here me and my mom and brothers cute girlfriend were sitting (well they we sitting down i was in every position possible) in the living room contemplating whether or not to go to the hospital because I was pretty sure I was in LABOR! About an hour went by and my dad said we were going no matter what so here we go I'm headed to the hospital to get this kid out!
One of the perks of having your brother work in the ER is he just makes a call and he can get you the Royal treatment! We pull up and there is my chariot! I rushed up to the room they hook me up to all these things ask me if I can go to the bathroom and I do and then they tell me there's something wrong with my pee. They say that they think that I have a UTI and then they test me for it and I do not so what do they do they send me home. Let me tell you how or will you feel when you have been rushed up there in a wheelchair looking like I'm having a baby and then you have to walk them back to the car and you just want this kid to get out!!!!!
Go to the next night the same time maybe 10 minutes difference yet again Brad is at work and I told my mom to tell him not to worry I don't think I'm probably having a baby tonight I'll be fine stay at work i look at my mom and my dad and I say well I'm pretty sure that I need to go to hospital so here we go BACK to the hospital this time I had to wait a few minutes but then I get to go up to my suite and I spent half the night there had a catheter had bloodwork everything to figure out what is wrong with me because yes I was in labor but nothing was progressing and I was in terrible pain then they tell me something's wrong with my kidneys they make me walk and then they send me home again I'm discouraged.
On December 30th 2015 I had a doctor's appointment and so me and Brad decided to load everything in the car just by chance that the doctor would tell me what let's have a baby but I highly doubted it. bless my doctors sweet little heart for telling me that my blood pressure was really high and bless his heart for looking at the days past that I had been in the hospital at my blood work and blood pressure and for him to say no let's have this baby today let's start you because I could have just kissed his little face so here me and Brad are ready to have our little girl and then it hits me she's really coming I won't be leaving this hospital without her.
I can't tell you how uncomfortable I was the whole first day having to do all these crazy things that they want you to do to get your labor going really going. My contractions started to really progress and I thought oh man I am moving I am getting there I'm probably like 9 centimeters right now come to find out I was still one centimeter dilated nothing is changed but it was okay I knew this was going to be a LONG process and then all my family show up everybody wanted to be there to see the sweet baby girl be born but she wasn't coming and so came a long night for me and Brad so long night for me at least I sat there and I walked then I go back in bed then I walked then I got to be on this yoga ball and then they let me sleep for a little while haha sleep I toss and turn trying to get comfortable nothing felt good and I was so happy in the morning when they told me that I could eat something and then they would start pitocin!!!!
I ordered my breakfast and man am I glad I ordered cream of wheat!!!!!!!!!! They started me on Pitocin and I kid you not I went from 1 centimeter to almost 3 centimeters in 15 minutes and that's when I lost it I literally lost my cream of wheat!!!!!!!! I remember Brad just told me to breathe through the contractions and I kept thinking I can't do this I can't I just can't do this I'm not strong enough and 3 centimeters what was it going to be like when I was at a 10 I would have died like seriously I would have been dead!!!!!
I had the best nurse she was so awesome she just kept telling me that if I was at least a two and a half I can have an epidural and so when she checked me I just keep praying that I was at least there and guess what I was past their man was I ever happy to hear her say okay I'll go get the anesthesiologist but then I didn't realize I had to wait another hour okay maybe 30 minutes no I'm pretty sure it was an hour!!
! I remember not being able to stop moving my legs back and forth and I remember Brad rubbing my arms in my head and him looking at me very concerned that's the look that I won't ever forget him looking at me like like he was helpless I never want to see him look like that again.
When the God of the epidural showed up I thought oh man he's going to be better I hope that it's as good as everybody says it is but the worst part about it was him not getting it in the right spot the first time going too far one way and I'm going too far the other way was terrible but when he finally got it into the right spot holy cow I just kept thinking man they should give you one of these when you first get pregnant!
I remembered just laying there and finally being comfortable not being able to feel the pain not be able to have my back hurt for the first time in months and then it happened. I felt this weird gush and then I said to Brad am I wrong I either just wet the bed or my water just broke and if I wet the bed I'm still peeing!!!! My mom went got the nurse and the nurse confirmed my water has broken had my water break by myself no help from the doctors or nurses it happen naturally I am awesome!
I was just starting to take a little nap when all the sudden the nurse and the doctor came in they are talking about something but I couldn't really understand what was going on and then the doctor asked me how you feeling I looked at him and smiled and said I feel great! Then he told me that the baby wasn't doing so great and that her heart rate wasnt where it should be. He then told me and brad that i would be getting a C Section if things didnt change in 30 minutes. they moved me to my side and strapped oxygen on my face and I remember just thinking that I'm going to end up having a c-section because that's what the doctor said if nothing had changed in 30 minutes I was going to get the one thing I didn't want. I remember looking at Brad's face and saying that I was scared and he looked scared too. I remember saying a prayer asking heavenly father to please let me bring this baby into this world safely. I know that he heard me because 30 minutes later the nurse came in and checked me and said are you ready to have a baby and all I could think was she was just being nice because I was going in for a C-section but nope I was at a 10 and ready to push!! And not EVEN an hour later I was holding my sweet baby girl on my chest!!!!
I was a real mom!!!!!!!
Kambri Jo Culbertson was born December 31,2015 at 3:38 p.m. My predicted 8-9lb baby was really my 6lb 8oz sweet girl!
![]() |
| My daddy is the best!!! |
![]() |
| Me and my mama |
![]() |
| Look at all my hair!!!!! |
![]() |
| Going Home!!!!! |









No comments:
Post a Comment